Our health is of utmost importance, and now more than ever, people are very careful with what they eat. There are many diet plans that you can follow today, depending on your goals as well as your preference. The keto diet is one of the most popular diets that many people have used and can attest to the fact that it works. So, what is a keto diet? A ketogenic diet, commonly known as Keto, is a diet plan that includes a high intake of fats and reduced carbs. As a result, instead of the body breaking down carbohydrates for energy, it breaks down the fats for energy, turning the body into a metabolic state, ketosis.
There are different types of keto diets:
- The standard ketogenic diet
- Cyclical ketogenic diet
- Targeted ketogenic diet
- The high protein ketogenic diet
Some of the foods included in this diet include meats, eggs, butter, avocado, oils, leafy green vegetables, cheese, etc. And the good thing is that if you find cooking the keto meals difficult, you can always order the blue apron keto meals and get them delivered to your doorstep. Some of the advantages of ordering keto meal plans include;
- Convenience- you can make your order online and get it delivered to your doorstep
- Easy to follow recipes- you do not have to bother about what recipe to follow as the meal plans come with a recipe. Additionally, the ingredients are well-measured, meaning that you will not have to waste any food.
- Affordable- Most of the keto meal plans are affordable. Depending on the ketogenic diet you want, you are always guaranteed to find a plan that matches your budget.
- Variety of food options- You can choose foods that you want to eat while on the diet.
That said, below are some benefits of the Keto Diet
- Helps in weight loss
One of the reasons people follow the keto diet is that it helps in weight loss. The keto diet helps in reducing hunger pangs, which means that one does not eat as much as they used to. The meals in this diet make one fuller and eliminate high carb intake, leading to weight loss within a short time span.
- Reduces the risk of heart complications
As mentioned, the ketogenic diet includes high-fat meals. These high-fat meals help in increasing the level of high-density protein (HDL), otherwise known as good cholesterol levels in the body. As a result, it lowers the risk of heart complications.
- Helps to treat type 2 diabetes
The ketogenic diet helps reduce the insulin and sugar levels in the blood. There is a direct correlation between weight gain and type two diabetes. Lowering the carb intake helps in fat loss which can help treat type two diabetes.
- Other health benefits
The other health benefits of the keto diet include lowering high blood pressure, reducing the risk of seizures and certain cancers, and reducing PCOS symptoms, Parkinson’s disease, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s.
Leave a Reply